Sunday, September 9, 2012

Product Review - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color



I love nail polish - always have since I was old enough to be allowed to use it! 

But I am not the most patient woman in the world, and I hate sitting around waiting for my nails to dry!  So I was thrilled to find that Sally Hansen has a new line of Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color.





About the Product:

Nail color covers in just one coat, brilliantly. The Perfectionist Brush™ contours to any nail, so color always glides on precisely, quickly, flawlessly. And, the exclusive Flexiglass Complex combines beautiful, brilliant shine and super-strong wear. So simple, so Sally.

Dries in 60 seconds
       
One coat coverage
Instantly irresistible shades
No DBP, Toluene or Free Formaldehyde
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For this review, I tried out the Sonic Bloom (a hot pink) and the Lively Lilac (a medium pale purple).
 
THE PROS:
 
I was impressed with the larger sized brush that made it easier to apply one coat evenly on the nail, instead of having to swipe two or three times to get full coverage.
 
 
Insta-Dri brush in pink - OPI brush in purple
 
 
The colors were bright and lively, and they have a wide selection of colors to choose from.
 
The polish stayed on well for several days without a top coat. 
 
The price was moderate - I purchased mine at Walmart for $5.99 each.
 
 
THE CONS:
 
The polish comes out rather thick, so I had to be careful to gauge the right amount per nail, or I had it gloppy everywhere. (yes, gloppy is a word!)
 
When removing the Sonic Bloom color, I was dismayed to find it stained my nails and was difficult to remove with regular nail polish remover.  It also wanted to stain my skin around my nails, but after a good scrubbing with a nail brush, the pinkness faded.   I didn't have this problem with the Lively Lilac color.
 
 
RECOMMENDATION:
 
I would recommend the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color if you are in a rush and need a bit of color, or if you are like me and not real patient.  
 
Next time, I would use the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat to see if that prolonged the nail color stead-fastness, and the Sally Hansen Extra-Strength Nail Polish Remover to see if that helped with the removal process.
 
 
 
Disclaimer:
 
I purchased this product for my own personal use. I was not compensated for my opinion.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment