Sunday, September 2, 2012

Product Review - Savannah Bee Company Tea Honey Plus for Weekend Cooking - a delicious recipe for Honey Peach Pie!


I love tea, and I love honey - so when I learned of a honey that is great for tea, well, I was intrigued!

The Savannah Bee Company has developed a honey that is perfect for that warm cup of tea, or even a big ol' chilled glass!



About The Product:

Savannah Bee Company Tea Honey is 100% pure varietal honey carefully chosen to be the perfect sweetener in fine tea without overwhelming its delicate flavors and fragrance. Versatile enough for spicy Chai, aromatic Green Earl Grey, or a bold mug of Irish Breakfast, it's also a surprising twist in lemonade or minty mojitos.




The first thing that caught my eye about this honey is how beautifully light-gold it is, like liquid sunshine.  And then I opened this delectable little treat, and dipped my finger in for that first taste (yes, I used my finger!) and I realized - this is what sunshine would taste like if you could taste it! 

The honey is light, but flavorful and fragrant with sweetness without being too strong.  I tried this honey in my favorite Twinings Black Currant tea, and was impressed with how fast it dissolved - just a few swishes of the spoon and you're ready to drink!  And the sweetening was just about perfect - 1 generous spoonful for a cup was just right!

I highly recommend this product!





Be sure to check out the Savannah Bee Company website (www.savannahbee.com) for more information on their wide range of honeys and other products!

While you're at their website, be sure to stop by the recipe section - I found this delicious recipe that I tried out with great success with the family!  I used my Tea Honey in place of the Orange Blossom Honey, and regular peaches instead of white ones and it was just lovely!




Honey Peach Pie


Ingredients:
7-8 fresh white peaches, peeled and sliced in small wedges
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/4 cup orange blossom honey
1-2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons butter
2 prepared pie crusts (store-bought or home made)


Directions:
Place peaches in a bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice. In another bowl, combine sugar, nutmeg, honey, cinnamon, and flour. Mix with fruit and add small pieces of butter. Place in one pie crust, place the other pie crust on a plate, cut into 1-inch wide strips. Make lattice crust, placing horizontal strips first, then vertical. Flute edges. Bake pie in 350 degree F oven for about 50 minutes, till peaches are tender and bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool. Serves 8.

Recipe courtesy of Savannah Bee Company website.




Disclaimer:
I received a sample bottle of Tea Honey from the company for review. I was not compensated for my opinion.



This post is in conjunction with the Weekend Cooking meme, sponsored by Beth Fish Reads.  Check out the link below for some great recipes from some great bloggers!!



Weekend Cooking is a weekly meme sponsored by Beth Fish Reads http://www.bethfishreads.com/.  

4 comments:

  1. I like honey a lot but I usually use Tupelo. I wonder if I can get this tea honey in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure, Beth - you might contact them and see if they have a distributor there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try your recipe here and will let you know when I do. I will link back to your post. This looks so good but I fear our peach season may be almost to an end. It's worth looking for some though - looks delicious and I am a sucker for pie.

    ReplyDelete