Monday, November 19, 2012

Product Review - Blue Bell Ice Cream Gingerbread House


To me, nothing says the holidays like the intoxicating smell of gingerbread!  I'm a big fan!  And this year seems to be the year of all-things-gingerbread for the Christmas season! 

So, we started with cookies, now on to ice cream!!!

Blue Bell Ice Cream, that wonderful Texas-based ice creamery, has out a new flavor for the holidays - Gingerbread House ice cream!  






Product Description:


A creamy cinnamon ice cream with flavorful gingerbread pieces, festive red and green sprinkles and miniature marshmallows all surrounded by a vanilla icing swirl.


My Thoughts:

Oh my gosh, this stuff is to die for!  It's not too too terribly sweet, but has just the right amount of cinnamonto offset the vanilla-y flavor of the ice cream. The chunks of gingerbread pieces are generous, and the vanilla icing swirls are wonderful!  The red and green sprinkles make it festive and give it a nice crunch! 



The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the marshmallow pieces - I thought they tasted a bit like jelly-beans, but there weren't that many so it was easy to overlook this in the overall deliciousness of this treat!




RECOMMENDATION:

If you are a gingerbread nut like me - You'll LOVE this ice cream!  If you are an ice cream afficiando - you will LOVE this ice cream!  But get it soon, it's for a limited time only!


Stay tuned for reviews of Blue Bell's two other Christmas ice creams flavors - Christmas Cookies and Pumpkin Spice Pecan!


For more information on Blue Bell Ice Cream - check out their website at www.bluebell.com


I purchased this product for my personal use. I was not compensated for my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment