Sunday, December 2, 2012

Product Review - Kellogg's Gingerbread Pop-Tarts


I've talked about my love for anything gingerbread-flavored, so when I saw the Gingerbread Pop-Tarts at the grocery store, I just had to give them a try!




Product Description:

Toasted gingerbread flavored pastries with vanilla frosting filling - garnished with sugar sprinkles.


Pros: 

I thought the gingerbread flavoring was just about perfect, and the vanilla icing inside was a pleasing taste addition.  I'm not a big fan of the "frosted" variety of Pop-Tarts, so I liked that this type just had a slight coating of sugar crystals instead of a heavy frosting.  Warmed up, they were delicious - Cold, they were pretty good too!   I thought the stamped pictures of the gingerbread people snowboarding and ice-skating were cute, and I loved that the pastries were wrapped in a silver package with a red bow printed on the foil.  It made it seem like getting a special gift!




Cons: 

I had no cons for this product - I loved it!


Recommendation:

I highly recommend this pastries as a fun holiday treat for kids and adults alike!  After all, who doesn't love a Pop-Tart!


Kellogg's Pop-Tart website (www.poptartworld.com) had this fun recipe for using the Gingerbread Pop-Tarts in a unique way! 

Peppermint Bark Bars

 
 
 

Ingredients

  • 3Kellogg's® Printed Fun Pop-Tarts™ Gingerbread toaster pastries Limited Edition
  • 3 squares (3 oz.) white baking chocolate, broken
  • 2 teaspoons shortening
  • 8hard round peppermint candies, crushed

Directions

1. Cut each KELLOGG'S POP-TARTS GINGERBREAD toaster pastry into 4 triangles. 2. In small saucepan combine white chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. 3. Spread chocolate mixture over toaster pastry pieces. Place on wax paper. Sprinkle with peppermint candy. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes or until firm. Remove wax paper.
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer:
I purchased these items for my personal use. I was not compensated for my opinion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment